Surgical Outcomes Of Ascending Aortic Aneurysm



Rating  0
Views   116
ولاء لؤي علي الفلوجي
11/03/2019 07:08:13

This is a retrospective study which highlights the surgical outcome of 20 patients who were referred to the cardiac surgical department at Iben Al- Bittar Hospital from 2007 to 2015 as cases of ascended aortic aneurysm.The aims of this research is to focus on Diagnostic tools used in the referred patient and Treatment regimes, its outcome, and comparing it with results from other centers.The age of the patients ranged from 16-58, the commonest: age was 41- 50, blood group was A+ve, male / female ratio was 4:1. 5% of patients were smokers, and another 5% were alcoholics, no history of trauma was detected. 90% of patients were diagnosed as annuloaortic ectasia, while the other 10% were diagnosed as mid, and distal ascending aortic aneurysm. 35% of patients were diagnosed as cases of Marfan syndrome, 10% were having renal cysts , and 10% were having gall stones as non cardiac diseases.As cardiac associated diseases; 90% of patients were having sever aortic valve regurgitation, 5% bicuspid aortic valve, 5% mild-moderate aortic valve regurgitation. 90% of patients were having left ventricular dysfunction, 5% fair left ventricular function, and 5% good left ventricular function, and 15% were having mild-moderate mitral regurgitation. All of the patients were treated surgically, 75% of them were submitted to modified Bentall operation, 10% were treated with aneurysmoraphy and aortic valve replacement, 5% with aneurysmictomy, and direct end to end anastomosis with aortic valve replacement, 5% with aortic graft and coronary reimplantation, and the last 5% were treated with only aortic valve replacement. Coronary reimplantation was done for 75% of

وصف الــ Tags لهذا الموضوع   This is a retrospective study which highlights the surgical outcome of 20 patients who were referred to the cardiac surgical department at Iben Al- Bittar Hospital from 2007 to 2015 as cases